Monday, September 30, 2013

Running on plants and love

This weekend and past week were a bit of whirlwind of schoolwork, class time and starting a new massage apprenticeship.  Where would I find the time to run and prioritize my health?



Fortunately, I've created some wonderful new routines and am adapting to my new environment.  For instance, I managed to make awesome connections this past month in the running community; finding a running partner, even getting a coach and joining in run clubs.  THANK G-D! 

Running an informal 12 mile race last weekend on the Makiki trails.  
Just getting out there lifts the burdens of school right off my mind.


Because of this community, I am accountable to others, find support in their company and kindness, and can continue to nurture my body and my mind.

Having running partners is the BEST!
You can support each other even when you are tuckered out!


Honestly, school work is exhausting!!  If it was entirely up to me right now, I think I would just crash each day after classes and studying; sit my sore butt down with a bowl of pretzels and a beer and ZONE OUT.  


Not that I haven't done that recently (in fact, I just did last night!!), but I'm prioritizing getting healthy food and a running routine that I desperately need FIRST.  I'm still making time to make delicious plant based food; in fact, I just started kombucha and continue to sprout mung beans.


My point tonight though, is that without the support and love of others this wouldn't be POSSIBLE.  It seems that achieving goals, applying yourself in a balanced way is fueled by much more than healthy food and movement; we must have each other.

Some good training friends and I, after a long ride on the Kona coast last spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment