Sunday, October 14, 2012

3 Days Until Departure!!

Many friends have noted, if I have a spirit animal, it is definitely a Jack Russell Terrior. 
 
 
With the Ironman World Championship here in town, I am so swept up in the energy of the race, that I simply can't calm down!  Then, with my run around the Big Island coming up, and last minute details and excitement building; I'm finding it difficult to stop and think straight!

Along with my running practice, I've been starting to meditate to generate a bit more peace and patience. To go along with this I'm reading a wonderful book:  Running with the Mind of Meditation, by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche.  A big lesson from the book and from the insipring Ironman athletes in town:  life challenges and successes take physical and mental discipline.

 
 
 Here are the athletes transitioning from bike to run in yesterday's Ironman World Championships.  Wow, what a life changing experience to see the race in action. 



Yup, I've got the bug! :)  Here are my good buddies Erin and Kirstie cheering on the first bike riders coming back from the course. 

There were absolutely so many highlights from the day; it's hard to describe or sort out the best parts.  For me though, I will never forget the end of the evening; I volunteered at the finish line and "caught" athletes as they crossed and brought them to recieve water, leis, their medals or medical attention.  The athletes were so grateful for the help; so high off their run and such inspiring souls.  WOW.

That said; I ran a easy and gentle 12 miles on Ali'i drive this morning and felt like I could go all day.  AND I WILL!!  In three days!!  THANK YOU IRONMAN ATHLETES!

No comments:

Post a Comment