Monday, October 1, 2012

Team Mango Triathlon and Gratitude

Yesterday, I ran as a relay team for the Team Mango Pre-Ironman Triathlon.  It was a joy, and the event itself was well organized and supported.  I ran in fine time-- 54 minutes for about 6 miles.  Not my best, but I'm happy to have woken up and run!

Here's my race partner, Dave Pratt and I at the finish.  The smiles say it all- we had fun out there.  After the race, I chatted for quite some time with the other athletes about all things Kona and Tri sports- the Ironman coming up on October 13, nutrition and diet, and of course, I discussed my upcoming epic journey.
 
 
The road ahead is a bit daunting for sure, but I have faith in my body and the spirit of adventure.  Lately, when I wake up, I am so infinitely grateful to be living here in Hawaii.  I am waking up full of energy for plans and giving back; for going for my dreams and enjoying life. 


Of course, eating this many fruits and veggies helps.  Above all, I am grateful to the farmers, pickers, and earth for providing all this fuel for my lifestyle.  Here is my kitchen counter filled with $30 worth of farmers market goodies!  I've made the transition to a totally plant based vegan diet.  Part of my upcoming run will be dedicated to preserving farmland, and open forest land as well.... Somehow; that part is still in the works!   

No comments:

Post a Comment